My Mum's Vegetable Biryani Recipe

Agueda Madison Reply January 13, 2017
My Mum's Vegetable Biryani Recipe - Oh my dear friends Daily Simply Recipes, I seriously have daily recipes tested, approved, and photographed ready to share here with you. I swear to you I made this My Mum's Vegetable Biryani Recipe, for dinner TONIGHT! I honestly could not wait to share the recipe with you.

Recipes : My Mum's Vegetable Biryani Recipe
How to make a : My Mum's Vegetable Biryani Recipe

YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE


My Mum's Vegetable Biryani Recipe





Full Recipe:


Ingredients:

Basmati Rice - 1 cup
Oil - 2 tblspn
Bay Leaf - 1
Onions - 1 large sliced thinly
Capsicum - 1/4 chopped
Green Chillies - 2 slit
Tomatoes - 1 large chopped
Mixed Veggies - 2 cups (carrots, beans, peas)
Chilli Powder - 1 tsp
Coriander Powder - 2 tsp
Garam masala powder - 1 tsp
Turmeric Powder - 1 tsp
Salt to taste
Water - 1.5 cup
Bread Slices - 3 cut into cubes
Oil for deep frying
Ghee - 1 tblspn

For Grinding:
Coconut - 2 tblspn
Ginger - 1 small piece
Garlic - 4 cloves
Cloves - 4
Cinnamon - a small piece
Fennel Seeds - 1 tsp
Cumin Seeds -  1tsp

Black Pepper - 1 tsp
Cardamom - 3
Coriander leaves - 1/2 cup
Mint leaves - 1/2 cup

Method:

Fry some bread in hot oil and drain them.

Wash and soak basmati rice for 30 mins. Drain and set aside.

Take grinding ingredients in a blender and make it into a smooth puree.

Take oil in a pressure cooker, add bay leaf and saute for a min.

Add in onions, chillies and capsicum and saute well.

Now add in tomatoes and mix well.

Add in ground masala and cook for 5 to 6 mins.

Add in spice powders and mix well.

Add veggies and toss that through.

Now add in the soaked drained rice and mix well.

Add water and salt and mix well.

Cover and pressure cook for 1 to 2 whistle, simmer for 5 mins and turn off the heat. Let the steam go all by itself.

Open the cooker, add ghee and fried bread and toss.

Serve.


Finished it then ready to serve My Mum's Vegetable Biryani Recipe

I didn't even mention how much the kiddos loved this My Mum's Vegetable Biryani Recipe, I won them over first with the love of them - they were in heaven! And this is definitely a dinner I would happily give out seconds to whoever asked!

What's your favorite takeout My Mum's Vegetable Biryani Recipeto cook at home? Leave your recipe idea in the comment section below, I'd love to hear from you!

You are reading a recipe about My Mum's Vegetable Biryani Recipe and this recipe permalink is https://dailysimplyrecipes.blogspot.com/2017/01/my-mum-vegetable-biryani-recipe.html I hope this recipe is helpful for you.

Related Posts

Vegetarian 644238236381199905

Post a Comment

Search

Popular Posts

Blog Archive

Follow us